There are many ways that you can send a fax online for a very low price and sometimes even free. Many of us do not own a fax machine around all the time, or maybe we need to send large quantities of faxes that can be hard to do on an old fax machine. However, online fax services make faxing one of the easiest tasks to do.
But what are some of the benefits of faxing files online with Google fax as opposed to using the ‘old-fashioned’ way? Well to mention just a couple of the cost-cutting advantages:
- you no longer need an additional “fax line” on top of your phone line
- you don’t need to spend any more money buying toner for your fax machine
- the phone bills will seem much less expensive, especially if you tend to send a lot of faxes overseas.
If you are convinced that sending a fax over the internet is the best solution then here are the steps you can follow. First, pick one of the best internet fax services you prefer. The company should offer low prices and several different plans depending on how much you fax. However, if you are not sure about their plan, you can always take advantage of their FREE 30-day trial service so you can experience online faxing first and then decide.
Once you have picked out a provider that you are pleased with, sign up with them on their website, and from that point on sending a fax is as easy as sending an email. Have your document ready to fax on your computer.
Most websites and software available already allow you to send faxes online through the use of your email address. Just provide all the details including the fax number of the one you will be sending it to so that you can send free faxes online successfully.
Some fax services allow you use your camera phones. To do that, you need to install software that makes you turn your camera phone into a fax machine or a scanner. Now you can use your camera phone to take pictures of your documents to fax over the internet. The Pictures taken by your camera phone will be sent to a specific email. Before the image gets faxed, they are converted into a pdf file.
There are many other features that vary depending on which internet fax service you choose but all are guaranteed to provide you an efficient and reliable method of sending a fax online.
With the advancement of technology, mediums of communication have rapidly evolved. Gone are the days when we have to go to the post office to mail a letter and wait for a few days for the recipient to get the message. And vice versa for us to get a response. Now, we already have a lot of ways to communicate in a faster manner wherein we do not even have to leave the comfort of our homes. We can just sit at home and use our landlines and cellphones. Or, sit in front of our computer and connect to the outside world through social media, emails, faxes and many more.
What is a fax?
A fax is also known as facsimile or telecopying. It is a way to transmit scanned printed materials that contain either texts or images to a telephone number that is linked to an output device such as a printer. The original document is scanned through the use of a fax machine. The output device will
then print a copy of the transmitted images or texts.
What if there is no fax machine?
A few years back, it is not possible for us to send a facsimile without using a fax machine. All we can do with our smartphones, laptops and computers was to send
emails. But now, Gmail has come up with a way to send and receive faxes using your account without the need for a fax machine. You can even try the gmail fax for free.
Steps on how to use Gmail fax:
1. Set up a Gmail account if you still don’t have one.
2. Select a web-based fax company that will handle your incoming and outgoing faxes online.
3. Click on the ‘Compose email’ tab and enter the fax number to the space where you normally input the email address. Use numbers only. There should be no spaces, dashes or any other special characters. After the fax number, add the company fax extension.
4. The subject line will serve as the cover sheet for your fax. You can type in any texts that you want to add there. On the body of the email part, enter your fax message and then attach any documents or images that you want to fax.
5. Click ‘Send’ to allow your fax to go through.
It is that easy to utilize Gmail Fax. No need to worry about the hassle of getting a fax machine for you to use.