With the advancement of technology, mediums of communication have rapidly evolved. Gone are the days when we have to go to the post office to mail a letter and wait for a few days for the recipient to get the message. And vice versa for us to get a response. Now, we already have a lot of ways to communicate in a faster manner wherein we do not even have to leave the comfort of our homes. We can just sit at home and use our landlines and cellphones. Or, sit in front of our computer and connect to the outside world through social media, emails, faxes and many more.
What is a fax?
A fax is also known as facsimile or telecopying. It is a way to transmit scanned printed materials that contain either texts or images to a telephone number that is linked to an output device such as a printer. The original document is scanned through the use of a fax machine. The output device will
then print a copy of the transmitted images or texts.
What if there is no fax machine?
A few years back, it is not possible for us to send a facsimile without using a fax machine. All we can do with our smartphones, laptops and computers was to send
emails. But now, Gmail has come up with a way to send and receive faxes using your account without the need for a fax machine. You can even try the gmail fax for free.
Steps on how to use Gmail fax:
1. Set up a Gmail account if you still don’t have one.
2. Select a web-based fax company that will handle your incoming and outgoing faxes online.
3. Click on the ‘Compose email’ tab and enter the fax number to the space where you normally input the email address. Use numbers only. There should be no spaces, dashes or any other special characters. After the fax number, add the company fax extension.
4. The subject line will serve as the cover sheet for your fax. You can type in any texts that you want to add there. On the body of the email part, enter your fax message and then attach any documents or images that you want to fax.
5. Click ‘Send’ to allow your fax to go through.
It is that easy to utilize Gmail Fax. No need to worry about the hassle of getting a fax machine for you to use.